Saturday, February 13, 2010

Keep on keeping on

We continue to grow our Sympathetic Soap line. So far we have four body butters, several soap scents (and an unscented version), bath melts (also known as bath bonbons), massage bars, and lip balms. We are going to create sugar and salt body scrubs, fizzy bath salts, and more. Just waiting for the raw materials to arrive so we can start experimenting. And by we, I mean me. Jesse is more about the soap and while he is willing to critique my creations isn't much for creating on his own. But that's ok, I can "own" the body care line.

So far I've even made one sale! A coworker was looking for something to give his fiancée for Valentine's Day, so bought two of our butters, the Lemon Butter and the Peppermint Butter. I have a couple other scent samples here at work in case anyone wants to try them. I'm surprised because I thought most people would gravitate to either the Chocolate Cherry or the Chocolate Mint, but the majority seem to favor either the Lemon or the Peppermint. I'm also going to be creating a Lavender body butter as well.

I worked on the site last night and wrote the ad copy for the products we currently have. Now I'm just waiting for Jesse to take photos so I can upload them. We are using PayPal for our payment method because anyone can use their credit card on it and they do not have to have a PayPal account to do it. It seemed the best way to go, but I'll be keeping an eye on it to make sure another merchant service wouldn't be the way to go.

In the meantime, I'm constantly scouring the internet to see if there are more products that we can create to go with the body care line. The soaps are pretty much taken care of. For now we are just going with a really great base recipe and doing different scents. Maybe in the future we'll do more along the lines of adding other ingredients like flower petals or citrus zest or whatever, but for now it's just nourishing soap that smells great.

I'll keep you all posted when the site is actually up!

No comments:

Post a Comment