Saturday, December 13, 2008

Attempt at Mock Apple Pie, take one

I tried my hand at making a low carb (LC) mock apple pie this evening. It actually made with zucchini instead of apples. I didn't have enough zucchini's on hand, but if I had I think the dish would have turned out quick nice. As it was, the zuccs had the same mouth feel as cooked apples, and a little tweaking with the Splenda will definitely help.

I also attemped Mock Twice-Baked Potatoes, using cauliflower. I'm happy to report that the dish was *very* good. Jesse liked it, I liked it, what more could we want?

We have the annual family reunion/gag gift gathering tommorrow, and that should be fun. It's being held at Joe and Jessica's new house in Springfield and everyone is supposed to be there.

You know, I used to be quite good at blogs, blogging whatever was on my mind in a witty fashion...I think that sort of thing takes practice or else you lose it. Honestly, why would someone want to read about my culinary efforts? ... Yeah. This is definately going to be a work in progess.

No comments:

Post a Comment