Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another day, another dollar

Velvet got hired on at eBay, too! How excited am I?! Super excited! And she's hired on in my same department, although I don't know if we'll be on the same team, doing the same things. She works the same shift, as well. But our days off don't match. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Speaking of work, I really frickin' love it. It's fun and my coworkers are good people who have rockin' sense of humor. Apparently pranks are huge at eBay, although I haven't witnessed them yet. Give it time, I guess. I think I challenged someone to a foosball-off when I am back from the weekend. I'm crap at it but I can talk the big talk.

I'm never sure what to do with myself on my weekends. Jesse and my weekends don't match up, so I kind of just kick it. I went over to Velvet's this afternoon and then came home. I'll probably play some of my Guild Wars game...tomorrow I think I'll be going over to Jess' niece's place to see her new baby.

I've been reading Pride and Predjudice and Zombies at work during my breaks and holy crap is it weird. I mean, it's totally in the style of Jane Austin; in fact, a lot of the words are taken directly from her book, but then there is also zombie mayhem. Pretty weird.

Our aquarium is coming along nicely, albeit most costly than we had expected. It's a 180-gallon tank (that's 3x the size of our previously largest size, for those of you keeping track at home) and so far we just have the water and sand in it. We're expecting to get more rock tomorrow and then maybe in a week or two we'll start transferring over the fish.

We've been having trouble with our water pressure in the shower lately. It will start off fine, but suddenly the cold water drops off and we're being scalded with hot water, even if it's not on very high. It's the complete opposite of the kitchen water pressure where as soon as the water heats up, then *it* drops off in water pressure. In any event, it's quite the pain when you're at the far end of the shower when the scalding commences, because then you have to brave the water to get to the cold knob, and inevitably turn that knob too far and suddenly it's like icicles and taken over. This is probably something our maintenance people could fix, but I don't really want them in the apartment until the tank is all set up. I have a theory they will be less likely to make us take it down that when it's in the rudimentary stages. I mean, I asked ahead of time if we could have a tank and they said yes...I just didn't mention how large it is.

So for now, I suppose we just have to deal with the weird water pressure, and then in the future when we call in the maintenance guy, he can say, "Hey, I really like your aquarium," and we'll be all, "Thanks, guy."

1 comment: