Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oh, vacation

I know, it seems weird I'm excited to go on vacation when in fact I haven't worked since January, but still, I'm excited! It's our annual Mercer Lake trip in Oregon coming up, and it always makes me a happy camper. I mean, the car trip is usually a pain, but this year we are breaking it up into sections on the drive over, so hopefully it won't be so tedious. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't run into any heavy road construction or traffic jams, because we all know how those usually send me into panic attacks for whatever reason.

I applied yesterday at Marie Calendar's for a server position. The job at the airport I felt strongly about I haven't heard anything positive. I was trolling Craigslist and saw that my staffing agency had just put another ad in for that same job. They keep telling me they haven't heard anything at all from the company, so why are they posting another ad for that job?! Kind of strange.

Luckily I've been able to get on the emergency unemployment compensation, so I'm still able to bring in my pittance toward bills. All this really makes me wonder if I should be getting back to school. But then, which program do I go for? That really is the question. It pretty much swings from hair school to culinary school...but who knows?

We are all moved into our new apartment and I must say that we are quite enjoying it. Almost everything is unpacked except we have a lot of camping gear sprawled out onto our living room floor. We're still trying to decide if we want to go really large with our aquarium tank, or just get rid of almost everything except for a couple of the clowns. If we went small, we could put in a couple exercise equipments, but a tank would be soothing. To Jesse, at least. He can spend hours staring at the tanks, whereas I just give them a cursory glance and sometimes throw in some food.

Well, all for now. I should start packing up more stuff for the trip. See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment