Hello my little chickadees. Today Jesse and I decided we would be moving back to Salt Lake City. We've been kicking the idea around for awhile now, and it just seems to make the most sense. We really want stability, and SLC appears to be a place where there are more job opportunities. I've applied at quite a few places, and there is a possibility that Jesse may be able to work at Unisys again, so maybe things will start to look up, work-wise.
At this point, I don't think we'll be going to Alaska for the summer. It all depends on how finding work goes in SLC. One of the reasons I was leaning away from Alaska was because it conflicts with my family's annual Mercer Lake vacation. This might be the last year for awhile that we are all going to be there, and that makes going all the more important to me.
Our tentative plan is maybe heading over to SLC tomorrow and bringing a couple of our aquariums to set up. We'd help get things cleaned up in the basement and then head back here on Sunday. We'd stay in Corvallis for a couple weeks, then get a truck rented and do the majority of the move. Nothing is set in stone, though, and everything is really up in the air.
So, that's where we are today. We'll keep you posted!