Monday, May 4, 2009

1st Anniversary

Yes folks, Jesse and I have officially had our one-year anniversary! To celebrate we went to Wendover for the weekend, and no, our marital bliss did nothing to help us roll in the big bucks. Nuts to it all, anyway. We didn't lose much more than we had originally agreed upon, though, and it was fun gambling.

Sunday afternoon we went over to Vel's house to celebrate Carl's birthday. His aunt, Gail, came up and it was good to see her again.

Tonight we are making turkey! I failed to make the brine last night, so the turkey only was brined for 4 hours instead of the usual 8, but I made it more concentrated to make up for it and I think it will prove to be just as tasty as can be. It's currently roasting in the oven as we speak.

Nothing on the job front yet. I sent in a ton more résumés last night, and there are a couple jobs out there that I am keeping my fingers crossed will warrant an interview. Still looking at houses, but until I can get a job, not really sure we can afford all that much. Bless Jess' folks for letting us stay here!

No comments:

Post a Comment