Sunday, May 31, 2009

Well folks, another day, another week of not working

The title pretty much sums it up. It's not that I don't enjoy not working, but I don't enjoy not bringing in a lot of money. Then again, some of these jobs I look at only offer $8 an hour, and at that point it feels like I'm paying *them* to work. Why don't business pay what we're worth?! I know it's all about them making money, but sheesh! Or, the cost of living could come down to make up for it. Frustration.

On Friday I went with Velvet's crew and mom to the community swimming pool. It was so much fun! The outside area had recently opened for the season, and there are 4 pools and slides and this giant bucket that dumps a torrent of water about every 5 minutes or so. I think most of us got burned that day, despite the sunscreen, but it's not as bad as it could have been. A very fun time, I think I'll go with them in the future. If I'm not working, that is.

Looking more and more forward for our annual Mercer Lake trip in Oregon. This year is special because it may be the last year some family members attend, so it's important to me that I be able to go.

We're still looking at houses, but until we save up some more for a down payment, or somehow get on a down payment assistance program, it's going to be at least another month or so before we can seriously look for a house.

We can a BBQ at a friend's house today, so I suppose I should get a move on, shower, go to the store, that kind of thing. Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment